Thursday 25 June 2015

Tchaikovsky

I came very early to Tchaikovsky, we had the violin concert at home (78 lp) and we studied at college Capriccio Italien,  so when I was around  17-18 I bought all his symphonies and really liked no 2, 5 and the 6th. And then of course Ouverture 1812 and Slavic March. Then the Piano Concert no1 and the Manfred Symphony.
Also I loved the Balllets; Swanlake, Nutcracker and Sleeping Beauty.

Much later I discovered Andante Cantabile, which is a jewel by itself.

Let's start with the Piano Concert.

Pletnev


Here played by Alice Sara Ott 


Yuja Wang

Martha Argerich



Violin Concert

Oistrakh




Perlman



Vengerov



Sayka Shoji


Julia Fischer



Janine Jansen 2013; Breathtaking performance


Janine Jansen 2015;What an energy



Hilary Hahn; last part only


No comments:

Post a Comment